Empowering victims to hold accountable the supporters of 
terrorism and genocide

Victims' Voices...

David Rubin, survivor of a terrorist attack in Israel, in which he was shot in the leg and his 3-year-old son survived a gunshot wound to the head. David is a claimant in the pending litigation against the Arab Bank, which receives support from Global Justice Group, as well as the author of God, Israel & Shiloh.


"I took my 3-year-old son, Ruby, out with me that day and during the ride back home the car went dead and there was a sudden hail of bullets being fired at the car. I saw four bullets whiz past me, about an inch from my eyes, and I felt a bullet go into my left leg. The blood started pouring out like an open fire hydrant.  The car was slowly coasting down a hill. I turned around to look at my son. I asked him if he was ok. He was just staring straight ahead, his eyes and mouth wide open. He looked like he was trying to cry or to speak but there were no sounds coming out and he didn't answer me. I assumed that he was in shock.Bullets continued to fly and I quickly tried to start the car. I hit the gas and drove nearly 120 miles an hour to get to a nearby community because I remembered that they often have an ambulance stationed there. I pulled up to the gate and started shouting for an ambulance. When the ambulance pulled up, a medic ran to the car and started taking my son out of the car seat. He pulled him out and started running towards the ambulance shouting: "He's been shot in the head!"


I later found out from the doctors that a bullet had gone into his head where the skull meets with the neck, causing a slight skull fracture and internal bleeding in the cerebellum. They quickly wrapped his head up with bandages, put an oxygen mask on his face, put both of us on stretchers and evacuated us to the hospital. As I was lying there, I wondered what I could say to comfort my son. What do you say to a three-year-old who's been shot in the head?


My son was in the ICU for about two and a half weeks. The first couple of weeks at home really were horrible. He would wake up screaming hysterically in the middle of the night. My instinct was to be there for him but one time when I hobbled over to him with my walker in the middle of the night he started screaming even louder. He associated me with the attack. To this day, the trauma that my young son and I experienced never goes away. It is always there."